On Our Haute List
Aretha Franklin Tells Truth About Son’s Beating
Aretha Franklin released a statement attacking everyone from her (now former) publicist to the media to police for what she calls “gross inaccuracies” around the reporting of what happened to her son earlier this week after he was beat up by three men at a Detroit gas station.
Do you think she was overreacting?
According to EUR Web:
Aretha Franklin released a statement through a different publicity firm on Thursday to clear up some inaccuracies regarding the beating of her son Monday night at a Detroit gas station.
Franklin states that Eddie Franklin, 52, underwent surgery after arriving at a hospital emergency room early Tuesday morning, and that his jaw was wired shut.
Franklin also said her son’s girlfriend gave the wrong location of Monday night’s attack.
The incident was originally reported by Franklin’s spokesperson, Gwendolyn Quinn. In Thursday’s statement, Franklin refers to Quinn’s GQ Media and Public Relations Inc. as her “former publicist.”
- It’s A Boy!!!! Nia Long Gives Birth to Second Son
- Toni Braxton is M.I.A. for ‘Braxton Family Values’ Premiere
- VIDEO LOL of the Day: Anti-Lace Front PSA
- Eddie Murphy Resigns as Host of Academy Awards
- Report: Rick Ross Unconscious on Flight; CPR Performed
- Update: Empty Bottles of Prescription Pills Found At Vesta Williams Death Scene