On Our Haute List
BET Awards Receive Record Ratings
This year’s BET Awards drew a record 10.95 million total viewers making it the #1 cable telecast year-to-date.
This year’s awards show served as a tribute to pop singer Michael Jackson and included performances by Beyonce, Maxwell, Jamie Foxx, and Ne-yo.
The broadcast garnered BET it’s biggest audience ever and the network boasts that the BET Awards accounted for the top 10 trending topics on Twitter.com.
In response to the ratings soar, BET’s CEO Debra Lee says in the network’s official press release: “The number of viewers who tuned in to see the BET AWARDS ‘09 is a testament to Michael Jackson’s far-reaching and long-lasting influence and legacy. We’re thankful to everyone who played a role in the show, both on stage and behind the camera, and it meant so much to all of us to be there for our audience at this emotional time. Above all, we extend our love and prayers to the Jackson family and are honored that Joe and Janet Jackson were in attendance.”
- It’s A Boy!!!! Nia Long Gives Birth to Second Son
- Toni Braxton is M.I.A. for ‘Braxton Family Values’ Premiere
- VIDEO LOL of the Day: Anti-Lace Front PSA
- Eddie Murphy Resigns as Host of Academy Awards
- Report: Rick Ross Unconscious on Flight; CPR Performed
- Update: Empty Bottles of Prescription Pills Found At Vesta Williams Death Scene