On Our Haute List
Body Of NBA Player Lorenzen Wright Found
According to the Commercial Appeal:
In the early hours of July 19, a Germantown dispatcher received a 911 call from Lorenzen Wright’s cell phone.
The dispatcher heard a garbled male voice utter an expletive, then at least 10 gunshots.
“Hello? Hello? Can you hear me?” the dispatcher asked.
Then the phone went dead.
The dispatcher called back. No one answered.
Nine days later, Wright’s body was found in a wooded area of southeast Memphis, two law enforcement sources confirmed Wednesday afternoon.
The former basketball star went missing on July 19, just hours before he was supposed to ride back to his townhouse in the Atlanta area with a friend and his six children.
Hundreds of Wright’s friends and fans, including kids on bicycles and women pushing strollers, rushed to the scene Wednesday where the body was found, in an area across the road from the TPC Southwind golf course near Hacks Cross and Winchester. Cars lined Hacks Cross as far as the eye could see, some with their lights flashing.
- It’s A Boy!!!! Nia Long Gives Birth to Second Son
- Toni Braxton is M.I.A. for ‘Braxton Family Values’ Premiere
- VIDEO LOL of the Day: Anti-Lace Front PSA
- Eddie Murphy Resigns as Host of Academy Awards
- Report: Rick Ross Unconscious on Flight; CPR Performed
- Update: Empty Bottles of Prescription Pills Found At Vesta Williams Death Scene