On Our Haute List
Brandy Hit With $6 Million Lawsuit
According to Rap-up.com:
R&B singer Brandy isn’t having much luck in the legal department. Marc Mysterio, a popular Scandinavian DJ, has filed suit against the 31-year-old in Los Angeles County Superior Court for a whopping $6 million after claiming that she failed to follow through on a deal to write and perform “32 bars of music.”
Mysterio claims that he handed over a check for $10,000 to Brandy in June, with the understanding that she would write and record her part of the song. After the singer accepted the money and failed to fulfill her end of the bargain, Mysterio asserts that he lost more than $25,000 from the deal.
Brandy, who most recently starred on the popular VH1 reality show Brandy and Ray J: A Family Business, is no stranger to legal troubles. The star was involved in a highly publicized car crash in late 2006 that claimed the life of a 38-year-old woman. Brandy was later sued by the woman’s parents, widower and children in separate suits.
- It’s A Boy!!!! Nia Long Gives Birth to Second Son
- Toni Braxton is M.I.A. for ‘Braxton Family Values’ Premiere
- VIDEO LOL of the Day: Anti-Lace Front PSA
- Eddie Murphy Resigns as Host of Academy Awards
- Report: Rick Ross Unconscious on Flight; CPR Performed
- Update: Empty Bottles of Prescription Pills Found At Vesta Williams Death Scene