On Our Haute List
DJ Kool Herc Has Been Hospitalized; Doesn’t Have Money For Medical Bills
According to EUR Web:
The legendary DJ Kool Herc is a brother in need. He is hospitalized for an unrevealed condition and currently has no medical insurance. So DJ Premier announced on his radio show, “Live from the HeadQCourterz” that the legend is in need of financial assistance.
While there’s no specific details on Herc’s illness, Premier claims that the hip-hop veteran’s condition is deteriorating, and that he’s without medical insurance.
“Kool Herc is very sick,” Premier revealed. “For those that know about Hip-Hop, who we call the father of Hip-Hop, Kool Herc, is not doing well. It’s funny how we have a father of a culture that still lives, where as in some cultures they are dead and gone even though they may still be worshipped or reflected on in some kind of way [sic].”
Herc, 55, is often credited as the father of Hip Hop, the creator of the breakbeat technique, and savior of 1520 Sedgwick Ave. – the birthplace of the international phenomenon called Hip Hop.
To make a donation to the help Kool Herc, send money to: Kool Herc Production, P.O. Box 20472, Huntington Station, NY 11746.
- It’s A Boy!!!! Nia Long Gives Birth to Second Son
- Toni Braxton is M.I.A. for ‘Braxton Family Values’ Premiere
- VIDEO LOL of the Day: Anti-Lace Front PSA
- Eddie Murphy Resigns as Host of Academy Awards
- Report: Rick Ross Unconscious on Flight; CPR Performed
- Update: Empty Bottles of Prescription Pills Found At Vesta Williams Death Scene