On Our Haute List
El Debarge Enters Into Rehab To Address Drug Addiction
According to CBS News:
The 49-year-old R&B star has been on a bit of a comeback the past few months. He released “Second Chance” – his first album in 16 years – last November and put on a show-stopping performance at last year’s BET Awards, according to MTV.
Everything seemed ready for Debarge to cement his return with a North American tour alongside Grammy-nominated singer KEM. Now it seems the tour – and Debarge’s comeback – are on indefinite hold.
Debarge has been open about his struggles with drug abuse – particularly crack and heroin. In the press release, Debarge stated, “I hate to disappoint my fans but it is necessary for me to take the time to work on me so that I may continue to share my music and my story with everyone.”
The voice of such songs as the 80s classic “Rhythm of the Night,” Debarge has been a star in the R&B and Soul music scenes for almost 25 years. Sadly, drugs have reportedly plagued him for the majority of those years. The crooner was arrested on three occasions for drug possession and served a nearly two-year stint in prison from 2008 to 2009, according to BET.
- It’s A Boy!!!! Nia Long Gives Birth to Second Son
- Toni Braxton is M.I.A. for ‘Braxton Family Values’ Premiere
- VIDEO LOL of the Day: Anti-Lace Front PSA
- Eddie Murphy Resigns as Host of Academy Awards
- Report: Rick Ross Unconscious on Flight; CPR Performed
- Update: Empty Bottles of Prescription Pills Found At Vesta Williams Death Scene