On Our Haute List
Eve Is Back And Reminds Fans: “I’m An MC First.”
According to Billboard.com:
Don’t let anybody tell you I went to Hollywood. I’m an MC first — all that other shit is a bonus.”
Those were rapper Eve’s words after premiering two tracks from her upcoming album, slated for a late 2009 release date, during New York Advertising Week’s kick-off event hosted by Billboard this week.
Tentatively titled “Flirt, the first track off the album she performed — while backed by a DJ, a drummer and a guitarist — was the club track “Give It Here,” which had a combined pop-and-lock beat pattern as well as a soca and reggae feel. The second was more electronic/techno based, with double speed drums and a looping production. “I never knew a chick like you could dance,” Eve rhymes on the chorus.
Eve also performed some of her hit tracks, including “Love Is Blind,” “Who’s That Girl?” “Let Me Blow Your Mind” and “What Y’all Want.”
While Eve is laying claim to rap being her first love, she did plug in her forthcoming movie, “Whip It,” which hits theaters on October 2nd, 2009. The Drew Barrymore-directed film is about an all female roller derby league.
Eve’s last album, 2002′s “Eve-olution,” sold 635,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
- It’s A Boy!!!! Nia Long Gives Birth to Second Son
- Toni Braxton is M.I.A. for ‘Braxton Family Values’ Premiere
- VIDEO LOL of the Day: Anti-Lace Front PSA
- Eddie Murphy Resigns as Host of Academy Awards
- Report: Rick Ross Unconscious on Flight; CPR Performed
- Update: Empty Bottles of Prescription Pills Found At Vesta Williams Death Scene