On Our Haute List
From Street Name To A Name Of A Street
According to AllHipHop.com:
This Sunday (August 30), a historic Street Renaming Ceremony will take place honoring Hollis, New York Hip-Hop pioneers Run-DMC.
City Councilman Leroy Comrie recently enacted legislation to rename 205th Street and Hollis Avenue to RUN-D.M.C. J.M.J.
Comrie’s bill was passed unanimously in June and signed into law by New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg.
“Given their historic accomplishments, Run-D.M.C. is a tremendous source of pride for the Hollis community I represent,” Comrie told AllHipHop.com in a previous statement. “Their dedication and hard work has inspired countless others and they have given back generously to this community.”
The news caps off a busy year for the group.
In April, Run-D.M.C. was inducted into the prestigious Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.
Run-D.M.C.’s street renaming ceremony will take place from 11AM-4PM on Sunday, August 30.
The unveiling of the street sign begins at 1:00 PM.
- It’s A Boy!!!! Nia Long Gives Birth to Second Son
- Toni Braxton is M.I.A. for ‘Braxton Family Values’ Premiere
- VIDEO LOL of the Day: Anti-Lace Front PSA
- Eddie Murphy Resigns as Host of Academy Awards
- Report: Rick Ross Unconscious on Flight; CPR Performed
- Update: Empty Bottles of Prescription Pills Found At Vesta Williams Death Scene