On Our Haute List
Katherine Jackson Sues AEG
Michael Jackson’s mother and children have filed a lawsuit against AEG live that claims the company violated its agreement with the late King of pop to provide him with physical care. The suit alleges that the company was negligent in its hiring of Dr. Conrad Murray to care for the singer.
According to TMZ:
In the suit, Katherine claims AEG’s contract with Michael “created a legal duty for AEG to act reasonably toward the physical well-being of Michael Jackson.”
In the document, Katherine also blames AEG for hiring Dr. Murray without a proper background check — claiming, “AEG did not provide a doctor who was truly looking out for Jackson’s well-being and did not provide equipment.”
The suit also alleges AEG caused emotional distress to Michael’s son Prince because he witnessed Michael suffering and dying, and “he was put in a position as bystander to these tragic events.”
Kenny Ortega, who produced the planned London concerts for Michael, is also named as a defendant.
The attorney who filed the suit, Brian J. Panish, released a statement saying, “The purpose of this lawsuit is to prove to the world the truth about what happened to Michael Jackson, once and for all.”
- It’s A Boy!!!! Nia Long Gives Birth to Second Son
- Toni Braxton is M.I.A. for ‘Braxton Family Values’ Premiere
- VIDEO LOL of the Day: Anti-Lace Front PSA
- Eddie Murphy Resigns as Host of Academy Awards
- Report: Rick Ross Unconscious on Flight; CPR Performed
- Update: Empty Bottles of Prescription Pills Found At Vesta Williams Death Scene