On Our Haute List
Kelis Gives Birth To Baby Boy
Kelis gave birth to a baby boy named Knight on Tuesday in New York City.
“My son is born today, so shout out to my son Knight,” Nas said in an on-camera interview with Video Music Box conducted the same day, apparently still tipsy from celebrating the occasion with champagne.
There had been reports that Nas was not allowed in the delivery room for the birth of his son. He indirectly addressed the rumors by saying, “Don’t believe nothing in the media.”
“My son name is Knight. That’s what I named the young god, Knight,” he told his hometown crowd at a show in the Queensbridge Projects of New York.
This is the first child for Kelis and the second for Nas, who has a 15-year-old daughter named Destiny. The couple announced their separation in April.
Here’s the video of Nas on stage celebrating the arrival of his son and confirming the new baby’s name:
- It’s A Boy!!!! Nia Long Gives Birth to Second Son
- Toni Braxton is M.I.A. for ‘Braxton Family Values’ Premiere
- VIDEO LOL of the Day: Anti-Lace Front PSA
- Eddie Murphy Resigns as Host of Academy Awards
- Report: Rick Ross Unconscious on Flight; CPR Performed
- Update: Empty Bottles of Prescription Pills Found At Vesta Williams Death Scene