On Our Haute List
Kelly Clarkson Explains Beyonce Rip-Off Confusion
Though Kelly Clarkson’s new single sounds a lot like Beyonce’s hit, “Halo,” she wants her fans to know she’s no rip-off artist:
American Idol Season 1 winner Kelly Clarkson wants fans to know that she did not rip off Beyonce. Clarkson’s new single “Already Gone” has a backing track that was also used on Beyonce’s single “Halo.”
Clarkson says that the producer used the backing track in both songs without her knowledge, and she has tried to keep her song from being released as a single, however her label, RCA, went behind her back and released it.
“No one’s gonna be sittin’ at home, thinking ‘Man, Ryan Tedder gave Beyonce and Kelly the same track to write to.’ No, they’re just gonna be saying I ripped someone off,” Clarkson told a Canadian radio station. “I fought and fought. In the end, they’re releasing it without my consent. It sucks, but it’s one of those things I have no control over. I already made my album. At this point, the record company can do whatever they want with it.”
Which song do you prefer?
- It’s A Boy!!!! Nia Long Gives Birth to Second Son
- Toni Braxton is M.I.A. for ‘Braxton Family Values’ Premiere
- VIDEO LOL of the Day: Anti-Lace Front PSA
- Eddie Murphy Resigns as Host of Academy Awards
- Report: Rick Ross Unconscious on Flight; CPR Performed
- Update: Empty Bottles of Prescription Pills Found At Vesta Williams Death Scene