On Our Haute List
Lil Wayne Owes $1.13 Million In Back Taxes
According to the Detroit News Wesley Snipes isn’t the only one who is in trouble with Uncle Sam over taxes:
Cough syrup-chugging, law-skirting rapper Lil Wayne owes some serious cash money to the IRS, which filed a $1.13 million tax lien against the star last month, according to Florida court records.
It’s the second monster tax problem for Lil Wayne, real name Dwayne Carter. The IRS filed a $977,840 lien against him two years ago, but the platinum-selling artist paid it off in August 2008.
He is set to be released from prison this fall following a conviction on gun charges. Until then, enjoy his big-house blog.
And there’s more good news. Late last month, he satisfied a $146,000 civil judgment won by a jeweler who never got paid in full for selling the rapper an 18-carat necklace and a $138,000 platinum ring, according to this Dade County court record.
The IRS filed a $1,138,760 lien against Carter on June 3 in Dade County (Fla.) Circuit Court. According to the lien, which you can see here, he owes income taxes from 2004, 2005 and 2007. The address on the lien is the same office occupied by his One Family Foundation charity.
- It’s A Boy!!!! Nia Long Gives Birth to Second Son
- Toni Braxton is M.I.A. for ‘Braxton Family Values’ Premiere
- VIDEO LOL of the Day: Anti-Lace Front PSA
- Eddie Murphy Resigns as Host of Academy Awards
- Report: Rick Ross Unconscious on Flight; CPR Performed
- Update: Empty Bottles of Prescription Pills Found At Vesta Williams Death Scene