On Our Haute List
Mary J. Blige To Guest Judge ‘American Idol’
Via E! Online:
R&B superstar Mary J. Blige will be the latest celebrity to sit at the judges table during this summer’s auditions for season nine of American Idol.
Ryan Seacrest’s radio show producer, Natalie Eshaya, tweeted the good news today: “Mary J Blige, guest idol judge in atlanta monday!.” A rep for American Idol has confirmed the news to us as well.
In case you haven’t been keeping up, here’s where things stand…
Though some still speculate (or have high hopes) that Paula Abdul will return to her judging post at the 11th hour, the show must go on without her for the time being. Nationwide auditions are going on as we type, and the producers are bringing in an array of artists to help in that phase of the judging process.
So far, Victoria Beckham (aka former Posh Spice) was the guest judge for the Boston auditions, and Katy Perry is set to judge but her date has not been confirmed yet. And we are told there will be more guest judges coming soon as well. As of now, though, the guests are just that: guests. There are no plans yet for a permanent fourth judge to sit alongside Simon Cowell, Randy Jackson and Kara DioGuardi come next season.
Will you be watching?
- It’s A Boy!!!! Nia Long Gives Birth to Second Son
- Toni Braxton is M.I.A. for ‘Braxton Family Values’ Premiere
- VIDEO LOL of the Day: Anti-Lace Front PSA
- Eddie Murphy Resigns as Host of Academy Awards
- Report: Rick Ross Unconscious on Flight; CPR Performed
- Update: Empty Bottles of Prescription Pills Found At Vesta Williams Death Scene