On Our Haute List
MJ Doc Expected To Plead Not Guilty If Charged
According to People:
Conrad Murray will turn himself in to Los Angeles authorities Friday in connection with the death investigation of Michael Jackson, his attorney Michael Flanagan confirms.
“He’ll surrender Friday,” Flanagan tells PEOPLE. “I anticipate he’ll be charged with one count of involuntary manslaughter, to which we’ll enter a plea of not guilty. I expect that we’ll have him first surrender to the LAPD where he’ll be booked and then transported to court for arraignment.”
The doctor is suspected of administering a lethal amount of the anesthetic propofol to the late singer, but prosecutors have remained mum on any specific charges. Murray has steadfastly denied any wrongdoing.
Flanagan says if Murray surrenders to an LAPD station for booking there should be no need to handcuff him, but that his client will likely be handcuffed if Murray is transported in a police car to the courthouse.
An initial plea of not guilty is standard in criminal defense strategy. Flanagan expects that “volumes of evidence and expert witness reports” will have to be pored over by Murray’s legal team and will be analyzed by their own experts.
Flanagan says he will immediately post bail for Murray following the expected arraignment.
- It’s A Boy!!!! Nia Long Gives Birth to Second Son
- Toni Braxton is M.I.A. for ‘Braxton Family Values’ Premiere
- VIDEO LOL of the Day: Anti-Lace Front PSA
- Eddie Murphy Resigns as Host of Academy Awards
- Report: Rick Ross Unconscious on Flight; CPR Performed
- Update: Empty Bottles of Prescription Pills Found At Vesta Williams Death Scene