On Our Haute List
Obama’s Mother The Focus Of A New Documentary
According to Reuters:
President Obama’s late mother is headed to the big screen in a feature-length documentary about her life.
“Stanley Ann Dunham: A Most Generous Spirit” will show how Dunham raised her son in Indonesia and Hawaii as well as her pioneering work in the field of Third World microfinance, which assists small entrepreneurs, mostly women, in developing countries.
“She gave a lot of the backbone to our current president and his compassion to the people,” said Mary Aloe, who is executive producing. “With these small-scale economies, she took a concept that was emerging just as women were getting their rights and got them to think outside the box. She is a fascinating woman, and she was ahead of her time.”
Dunham died of cancer in 1995, aged 52.
The project will begin shooting early next year in Indonesia, Hawaii and Washington. The independent production is in talks to secure Obama’s involvement.
Charles Burnett will direct. He most recently shot “Namibia: The Struggle for Liberation,” a drama about the first president of Namibia, Sam Nujoma, and the struggle to free the country from South African occupation.
- It’s A Boy!!!! Nia Long Gives Birth to Second Son
- Toni Braxton is M.I.A. for ‘Braxton Family Values’ Premiere
- VIDEO LOL of the Day: Anti-Lace Front PSA
- Eddie Murphy Resigns as Host of Academy Awards
- Report: Rick Ross Unconscious on Flight; CPR Performed
- Update: Empty Bottles of Prescription Pills Found At Vesta Williams Death Scene