On Our Haute List
Petey Pablo Says The Gun Wasn’t His…..
Now the rapper is saying that the gun wasn’t his and that it belongs to a friend…. He says he took the gun away from a friend because the friend was going to do something stupid with him… hmmmm….. We’re not sure we believe that story….
According to TMZ:
As we previously reported, Pablo — real name Moses Barrett III — was arrested on Saturday at RDU Airport in North Carolina after a TSA officer found a Smith & Wesson pistol in his carry-on.
But Petey’s rep tells us the rapper can explain — claiming the gun actually belongs to one of his friends. And last month, Petey learned that said friend planned to use the pistol to “do something crazy” … so Petey stepped in and literally took the weapon away.
The rep tells us Petey stashed the gun in a luggage bag so his friend wouldn’t find it — and when he was asked to hop on a last-minute flight to L.A., he grabbed the loaded bag without thinking.
Petey was arrested on suspicion of carrying a concealed weapon, possession of a firearm by a felon and possession of a stolen firearm. He’s due back in Wake County Court October 4.
- It’s A Boy!!!! Nia Long Gives Birth to Second Son
- Toni Braxton is M.I.A. for ‘Braxton Family Values’ Premiere
- VIDEO LOL of the Day: Anti-Lace Front PSA
- Eddie Murphy Resigns as Host of Academy Awards
- Report: Rick Ross Unconscious on Flight; CPR Performed
- Update: Empty Bottles of Prescription Pills Found At Vesta Williams Death Scene