On Our Haute List
Report: Hugh Hefner Is Suing Drake
According to EUR Web:
According to a lawsuit filed at the U.S. District court in Los Angeles, Playboy Enterprises is claiming Drake needs to pay the company for the use of his hit, “Best I Ever Had.” Bizarre right!
The suit says the sampled song at the beginning of the record is from “Fallin’ In Love,” by Hamilton, Joe Frank, and Dennison/Reyonalds, which rights belong to Hugh Hefner’s Playboy empire.
In the paperwork, Playboy says Drake and his team “knew or should have reasonably known, that the sound recording was protected by copyright…” and that “each Defendant continues to infringe upon Plaintiff’s rights in and to the copyrighted sound recording.”
- It’s A Boy!!!! Nia Long Gives Birth to Second Son
- Toni Braxton is M.I.A. for ‘Braxton Family Values’ Premiere
- VIDEO LOL of the Day: Anti-Lace Front PSA
- Eddie Murphy Resigns as Host of Academy Awards
- Report: Rick Ross Unconscious on Flight; CPR Performed
- Update: Empty Bottles of Prescription Pills Found At Vesta Williams Death Scene