On Our Haute List
Report: Janet Jackson, Jermaine Dupri Split
The much-rumored split between Janet Jackson and Jermaine Dupri has now been confirmed. That is, at least according to Us magazine.
Here’s the latest:
“His friends are telling people it’s over,” a source tells the new issue of Us Weekly, on stands now.
Echoes another: “They have been moving in different directions for a while.”
So what drove Jackson, 43, and Dupri, 36, apart after nearly seven years?
“You shouldn’t mix business with pleasure,” a mutual pal explains. (Dupri produced several tracks on her last two CDs.) “Janet felt their lives were too crossed and they should have kept things separate.”
Plus, the polar opposites were never too compatible.
“Jermaine likes to be out there, mingling with everybody, and Janet’s more shy.” (And secretive: She kept her nine-year marriage to Rene Elizondo hidden until their 2000 divorce.)
Meanwhile, Jackson is still deeply mourning the death of her big brother.
“She’s devastated,” an insider says. “She’s busy caring for Michael’s kids. Janet’s the family’s backbone.”
- It’s A Boy!!!! Nia Long Gives Birth to Second Son
- Toni Braxton is M.I.A. for ‘Braxton Family Values’ Premiere
- VIDEO LOL of the Day: Anti-Lace Front PSA
- Eddie Murphy Resigns as Host of Academy Awards
- Report: Rick Ross Unconscious on Flight; CPR Performed
- Update: Empty Bottles of Prescription Pills Found At Vesta Williams Death Scene