On Our Haute List
Sean Penn Is Suspicious Of Wyclef’s Run For President in Haiti
In an interview with CNN, Sean Penn says he’s critical of Wyclef Jean’s run for President in Haiti. He claims the musician may have been influenced by corporate support to run and may not have the best intentions for Haiti.
Penn says that the country, “needs a leader who is genuinely willing to sacrifice.”
The actor says Haiti needs jobs and other resources to fix the country. He says from what he sees of Jean, he has been suspicious because he has been “a non presence” in Haiti despite Jean’s claiming to have been there in the days following the devastating earthquake in January helping to move dead bodies.
Penn also says that he found it disrespectful for Jean to show up with “a vulgar entourage of vehicles that demonstrated a wealth in Haiti that in context I felt was a very obscene demonstration.”
Take a look:
- It’s A Boy!!!! Nia Long Gives Birth to Second Son
- Toni Braxton is M.I.A. for ‘Braxton Family Values’ Premiere
- VIDEO LOL of the Day: Anti-Lace Front PSA
- Eddie Murphy Resigns as Host of Academy Awards
- Report: Rick Ross Unconscious on Flight; CPR Performed
- Update: Empty Bottles of Prescription Pills Found At Vesta Williams Death Scene