On Our Haute List
The Queen Joins Macy’s ‘Believe’ Xmas Campaign
According to People:
Ho! Ho! Ho! The always upbeatwill bring joyous good cheer to Macy’s this year, starring in the retailer’s new seasonal TV commercials, which break Nov. 6. Part of Macy’s “Believe” campaign, the nostalgic commercials are called “The Trek” and are inspired by the famous New York Sun editorial “Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa Claus” from 1897.
The spots feature “Virginia” on a journey from her home to Macy’s, where Queen Latifah helps her mail her letter to Santa.
Macy’s “Believe” campaign, which supports the Make-A-Wish Foundation, also includes a national Santa tour, an honorary National Believe Day, a “Yes, Virginia” animated special and letter-writing “Believe” stations in Macy’s stores across the country.
For each letter received, Macy’s will donate $1 to the Make-A-Wish Foundation, up to $1 million. This is not the first time Latifah has worked with Macy’s; she was part of the retailer’sand also sells a fragrance at the store called “Queen.”
- It’s A Boy!!!! Nia Long Gives Birth to Second Son
- Toni Braxton is M.I.A. for ‘Braxton Family Values’ Premiere
- VIDEO LOL of the Day: Anti-Lace Front PSA
- Eddie Murphy Resigns as Host of Academy Awards
- Report: Rick Ross Unconscious on Flight; CPR Performed
- Update: Empty Bottles of Prescription Pills Found At Vesta Williams Death Scene