On Our Haute List
Tiger Woods Misses Cut For British Open
“For only the second time in a major championship as a pro, Tiger Woods has missed the cut,” writes Huliq.com.
Woods is the No. 1 ranked player in the world.
[Woods] shot a 4-over par 74 at Turnberry on the same day that 59-year-old Tom Watson sits tied for the 36-hole lead.
It is the first time Woods has missed a cut since the 2006 U.S. Open at Winged Foot. That tournament was the first time he played after the death of his father, Earl, in May of that year.
Of missing the cut, Tiger Woods said:
“Well, obviously it’s disappointing, there’s no doubt. I was playing well coming in, and today, unfortunately, I just didn’t play certain holes well. I was playing the first seven holes dead into the wind. I was playing those holes well; I was 1-under par and just right there. And then unfortunately three holes right in a row and I was 4-over par.”
While it’s news that Tiger Woods missed the cut, it’s bigger news that a 59-year-old, former great Tom Watson is playing over his head and tied for the British Open lead at -5, with Steve Marino. Watson’s last major win was the 1983 British Open.
- It’s A Boy!!!! Nia Long Gives Birth to Second Son
- Toni Braxton is M.I.A. for ‘Braxton Family Values’ Premiere
- VIDEO LOL of the Day: Anti-Lace Front PSA
- Eddie Murphy Resigns as Host of Academy Awards
- Report: Rick Ross Unconscious on Flight; CPR Performed
- Update: Empty Bottles of Prescription Pills Found At Vesta Williams Death Scene