On Our Haute List
Tyra Banks Turned Novelist, Lands 3-Book Deal
Hmmm… We’re not sure what to think about this one… Tyra Banks has announced on her website, Tyrabanks.com, that she has signed with Random House to write her first novel, called Modelland.
The former supermodel says that it will be the first part of a series of books by the same name.
She tells her fans that she’s created a new division called Bankable Books to help with the release.
So what are these books going to be about? Here’s how Tyra describes the series:
The story happens in a make-believe place called Modelland – every girl in the world wants to go there because it’s where“Intoxibellas” are trained. Intoxibellas are drop-dead beautiful,kick-butt fierce and, yeah, maybe they have some powers too. (But I’m confirming NOTHING! Ha. You gotta wait for the book.) The story follows a teen girl and her friends who find themselves magically transported to Modelland, even though they’re really not supposed to be there. (Okay, now, that’s ALL I’m saying!)
- It’s A Boy!!!! Nia Long Gives Birth to Second Son
- Toni Braxton is M.I.A. for ‘Braxton Family Values’ Premiere
- VIDEO LOL of the Day: Anti-Lace Front PSA
- Eddie Murphy Resigns as Host of Academy Awards
- Report: Rick Ross Unconscious on Flight; CPR Performed
- Update: Empty Bottles of Prescription Pills Found At Vesta Williams Death Scene