On Our Haute List
VH1 Adds Fantasia, Pepa, Chili To Nightly Line-Up
From Flavor Flav to Fantasia … The former American Idol winner is among the latest group of black entertainers VH1 is featuring in its new prime-time line-up.
VH1 is giving two female hip-hop artists their own reality series — Sandra “Pepa” Denton of Salt-N-Pepa and Rozonda “Chilli” Thomas from TLC.
The as-yet-untitled series are scheduled to premiere in 2010. Eight half-hour episodes have been ordered for each.
The “Pepa” series follows Denton as she begins her to search for love after living a celibate life for years.
“Chilli” from R&B group TLC is also searching for romance and has enlisted the help of Brooklyn relationships expert Tionna Smalls.
The network has also renewed “Celebrity Fit Club” for a seventh season and “Sober House with Dr. Drew” for a second season.
Recently VH1 also announced new primetime series including Jessica Simpson’s “The Price Of Beauty;” a series about the family and career of “American Idol” winner Fantasia Barrino; “The OCD Project,” about obsessive-compulsive patients living together; and “The Aspen Project,” a docusoap set in one of the wealthiest communities in the world.
- It’s A Boy!!!! Nia Long Gives Birth to Second Son
- Toni Braxton is M.I.A. for ‘Braxton Family Values’ Premiere
- VIDEO LOL of the Day: Anti-Lace Front PSA
- Eddie Murphy Resigns as Host of Academy Awards
- Report: Rick Ross Unconscious on Flight; CPR Performed
- Update: Empty Bottles of Prescription Pills Found At Vesta Williams Death Scene