On Our Haute List
Vote Now: Ralph Ellison Among Choices For Top Literary Prize
According to the Associated Press:
The National Book Awards would like your vote.
Organizers of the prestigious literary prize are asking the public to choose the best fiction winner in the awards’ 60-year history.
The six finalists, announced Monday by the National Book Foundation, are: “The Stories of John Cheever,” Ralph Ellison’s “Invisible Man,” William Faulkner’s “Collected Stories,” “The Complete Stories” of Flannery O’Connor, Thomas Pynchon’s “Gravity Rainbow” and “The Collected Stories of Eudora Welty.”
Starting Monday, through Oct. 21, votes can be cast through the Web site http://www.nbafictionpoll.org. The winner will be announced Nov. 18.
- It’s A Boy!!!! Nia Long Gives Birth to Second Son
- Toni Braxton is M.I.A. for ‘Braxton Family Values’ Premiere
- VIDEO LOL of the Day: Anti-Lace Front PSA
- Eddie Murphy Resigns as Host of Academy Awards
- Report: Rick Ross Unconscious on Flight; CPR Performed
- Update: Empty Bottles of Prescription Pills Found At Vesta Williams Death Scene